Thursday 3 April 2014

Front Cover Screen Grabs


This is the first step I made to create my magazine front cover. Before I started adding any images, I set the page size to A4 which is the size of a magazine.Then I chose my main image for my front cover, after deciding this I adjusted the levels and removed the background.

Next I added my logo. From research I decided on this particular font because it is bold and clear for the audience to read. I placed it in the top left corner because it is conventional from the magazines that I have looked at like 'Q'. 


 The next step was adding the boxes to put my Skyline and footer. I have stayed with my theme yellow, red and black and filled the boxes in black. This will also make the writing that I will layer over it stand out more.



Here I have added the Skyline and footer, which is conventional on a magazine. I have chosen the colour yellow for the my skyline to continue with my colour scheme. The colour of my text in the footer also follows the colour scheme as it is white.




This is my final stage of editing. Here I have added all my sub-headings , bar code, issue, date and pull quotes. These final touches made my magazine look conventional and professional. I chose this particular font because I wanted that edgy look to the magazine which helps attract a wider audience.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment